Join our team as a Kitchen Assistant at Elbow Lane!
Elbow Lane is a multi-award winning restaurant in Cork City combining a nano-brewery and smokehouse. Our small tight-knit team works together to bring our guests bold and exciting flavours in a small but charming and lively space. Our bar serves a carefully crafted drinks menu containing our own brewed beer, selected wines, and bespoke, unique cocktails. We aim for excellence always when providing our services to our guests.
Your average day will include:
- Being an enthusiastic & friendly team player.
- Consistently meeting & aiming to exceed expectations.
- Setting up/Closing down the kitchen to procedural standards.
- Responding quickly to requests from colleagues & managers whilst being accurate & approachable.
- Being professional at all times.
- Keeping your workspace clean, organised & sanitised throughout your shift.
- Always following procedures as laid out by manager and in training.
- Passover to colleague on following shift.
- Keeping the Kitchen clean at all times.
- Keeping a consistent supply of clean plates, ingredients and equipment available for the chefs.
- Restocking chemicals and manual handling.
- Removal of waste and recycling.
- Opening and closing the kitchen.
- Deep cleaning.
- Operation of dishwasher and compacter
Successful Candidates: Are self-motivated, yet willing to ask for help when needed.
- No experience required, all training provided.
- Are able to follow procedures, and offer ideas for any improvements.
- Are fully eligible to work in Ireland as per current Irish Immigration Laws.
- Are able to work evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and are effective team players
- Pay strong attention to detail.
- Are self-motivated, yet willing to ask for help when needed.
- Basic English required.
- Able to maintain high standard of hygiene at all times.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at the contact details listed above or on our social media channels!
Apply for this position
While you’re here...
There is no need to apply multiple times. Please apply once to your preferred restaurant and let us know in the message box if you would be open to working in the same position in any of our other restaurants as well!